Thursday, January 29, 2009

Are you...angry?



I wanted to let you all in on a little secret. I have struggled with anger. And since I have become a mom that anger has sometimes been unleashed on my children. Sometimes it's been unleashed on my husband. Sometimes on my own self. Does this sound familiar to any of you? Maybe you struggle with controlling your anger? Or is your anger controlling you?

Here is a link to a broadcast Family Life Today aired earlier this month. It is called Battling Our Monster Desires. It is part one of a two part series in uprooting anger. It may help explain where your anger is coming from and how you can be victorious in the battle. I encourage you to take the time to listen during your kids naptime, after everyone is tucked in for the night or even on your ipod/mp3 player. This is one you don't want to miss!

http://www.familylife.com/site/apps/nlnet/content3.aspx?c=dnJHKLNnFoG&b=3577143&content_id={5593F3ED-2925-4FFC-82D4-8F7C10060D09}&notoc=1

Remember these words as you surrender the issues that bring you to the boiling point and know that we live to serve a God who is overflowing with tender mercies and loving compassion!


Everyone needs compassion love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness the kindness of a Saviour
The hope of nations

Saviour he can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me all my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow everything I believe in
Now I surrender


Mighty To Save by Hillsong



a daughter of the King,


Jena





No comments: