Monday, February 8, 2010

Chocolate- Chocolate Pancakes


It has been a while since I posted a recipe so I thought this one would be good since Valentines Day is coming. If you want to be really creative you'll cut heart shapes out of the cooked pancakes with a cookie cutter and serve them with jam or red berries and whipping cream! Yum! I made them for my family last night and they actually did NOT devour them like I thought they would. Now I have to think of something I can make with my leftover pancakes and raspberry sauce! Anyhow...

Here are the ingredients:
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
2 teaspoon vanilla
5 tablespoons melted(and cooled)butter

For raspberry sauce:
1 pint raspberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup raspberry liqueur (I didn't have this, so I put in a little jam, but another substitute would be raspberry syrup.)

Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla in another bowl; mix in the melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle and cook until bubbles pop in the center of the pancake, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, and cook an additional minute on the opposite side.

What are your favorite Valentines Day recipes? Is there anything special you like to make for your family? We'd love for you to share them with us!

I hope you all have a great Valentines Day!

No comments: