Monday, January 3, 2011

Giving HIM your heart


This is a new year. Time for reflection and time for new decisions. Time for a fresh start. Of course we can make these "new starts" any time of the year, but we often look to this holiday time to re-think who we are and how we live our lives. I think we all know that most often we ladies desire to "lose a few pounds" or "get more organized." But I think our heavenly father would ask us to go deeper- straight to the heart- and ask what "weight" can I shed here? What "trash" can I let go of, what "waste" do I need to clear out?

Let's make our new year's resolutions to be resolutions of the heart. Resolutions like: spending less time participating in fruitless activities, spending more time in the word and less on the computer (or reading God-less books), putting music that glorifies the Lord on my I-pod instead of last years Top 20. How about giving more of your time in service to others than to your own self? The list could go on. These are only the tip of the iceberg of what the Lord could be trying to say to you. He desires your heart. He desires your service. Let's do all that we can, even as we are tending to our families and little ones, to bring Him more honor and glory in 2011.

No comments: