Monday, June 1, 2009

Do YOU "coupon?"


Here is another food related post! I know we are all trying to be smart with our money these days and one of the best ways we can minimize our spending is in groceries! I have tried to cut back in this department, but admit I haven't gotten on the "coupon bandwagon" yet. Maybe between these two websites I am going to share with you, I will! And hopefully you will too!

I have copied an email that Megan sent out and wanted to share with everyone else in the group. It is in regards to the ever growing popular pastime of "couponing." I will let her email explain what she discovered.


Hello Ladies,

I went to a "couponing" class this week. It was very interesting and I learned a lot about how to "coupon" and save money on our grocery bills. I'm still trying it out but this week I went to Target and got 2 bottles of mayo, 2 bottles of Kraft BBQ sauce and 6 candy bars (Nick liked that part) for free!!! I was going to try and tell you all about it at the next play group but I just looked at her site tonight and she listed a way to get $75 of groceries for free but you have to sign up by June 5th so I thought I should share with you all. I think am going to try and check it out on Monday. Here is here site:
http://www.frugallivingnw.com/, check it out and if you have questions I might be able to answer them for you or I would recommend one of her classes if you are interested in them. She says she does do classes for moms groups at churches so if there was enough interest she might do that too.


I am also putting in a link to a website called $5 dollar dinners.com. http://www.5dollardinners.com/ You may have heard about it on an episode of Rachel Ray. (http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/smartest-savers-america-5-dinners/) She talks about "couponing" as well and how she can't spend more than $5 on meal that she cooks for her family of four. She has recipes and pictures of many of the dishes she prepares. She also guides you in "couponing" and menu planning. And a side note, she professes to be a Christian. How cool is that?


So grab your coupons and check out these sites!




No comments: