Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chicken Tortilla Soup

This is a great, easy recipe that I do in my crock pot in the morning and by dinner it is done and tastes great! Candice

Chicken Tortilla Soup

5 boneless chicken breasts
1-15oz can Mexican stewed tomatoes
1-can Rotel Tomatoes (this will make it spicy, I use 1 can of diced tomatoes so the kids will eat it)
1-15oz can tomato sauce
2-15oz cans black beans, drained
1-15oz can corn, drained
2 tsp. cumin
1- cup of mango salsa (or any kind, I use pace)
1lime
2- cups of chicken broth
1tsp. chili powder
1- 4oz can diced green chilies
¼ tsp pepper
1tsp salt
1 can of enchilada red sauce
1lg. green pepper diced
1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
1cup of water
1 bunch of cilantro

Place the chicken breasts in a crock pot (I put them in frozen). Squeeze the lime on top. Sprinkle with cumin. Empty all contents of the cans on top of the chicken. Cook 6-10 hours. This makes a lot; but only gets better each day it sets. I chop about half of the bunch of cilantro and throw it in with everything else. Garnishes: avocado, sour cream, chips, shredded cheese. After a few hours, when I know the chicken is cooked I take it out and shred it, and then put it back in the crock pot. Hope you all enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I haven't made this yet but I wanted to share a link for cute, printable recipes cards. I went looking for these because I wanted to organize my recipes better. Plus I wanted to use something more than just plain 3x5 or 4x6 cards. There are a lot of styles to choose from here. I am sure everyone will find something they like. :)

http://tipnut.com/free-printable-recipe-cards-a-nice-collection/